Project Support Officer
Qualification & Responsibility
The role-holder is expected to provide administrative coordination and support for projects at ILEAD, including workshops, seminars, international conferences, training programmes, etc.
It is also expected that the role-holder will work collaboratively with academic and professional services staff in ILEAD and the wider university, such as Campus Management Office, Property Management Office, Management Information Technology and System Office.
The role-holder will be responsible for the control of event expenditure, equipment and consumable procurement processes, liaison with external service providers and venue organization, as well as the production of promotional materials and other event publications. The role-holder will have strong administrative skills including those deployed in the use of IT and will have outstanding organizational abilities, as well as being an effective team-player.
The role-holder will be expected to work flexibly with some evening and weekend work required in support of relevant events.
1) Collects and shares the project plan 12 months ahead
2) Monitors the budgetary expenses of event organization and support of every project and provide the expenses summary to the financial officer
3) Coordinates with all the project team members from ILEAD and the wider university where appropriate to support the project
4) Gives the notice at least four weeks prior to the date event takes place to relevant offices such as MITS, CMO and UMC
5) Supports the promotion materials’ design and production
6) Creates and manages the event webpage
7) Arranges accommodation and logistics for external guests
8) Organizes and effect the procurement processes of consumables where appropriate
9) Coordinates with internal and external and supports the transportation for factory tour or field trip, this kind of activities
10) Arranges catering for guests and participants
11) Collects and analyzes feedbacks on events for continuous improvement
1. Master’s degree in related field, or Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of experience;
2. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload;
3. Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of people, to work as part of a team, and to liaise with colleagues where work interests overlap;
4. Attention to detail, self-motivated, active and innovative in work;
5. Project management experience is essential
6. Excellent written and spoken English
7. Strong communication skills
8. Excellent planning and organizational abilities
9. Dependable, reliable and enthusiastic
10. High level of attention to detail and accuracy